In a world where we love to celebrate our achievements (rightly so) and curate the best possible image of our lives (eeh), real things can get lost in the ether. 'Real' things like the stuff we're not so hot at.
So in true spirit of being real on the internet (you can read my thoughts on that - it sort of involves cake, if the cake in question is a lie), I thought I'd share 10 things I've always been crap at. Since as long as I can remember, or more recent things I've discovered that I just can't do.
- eyeshadow - i am v. good at the 'just got punched' look. everything else? not so much. this is 100% the reason my 'daily makeup' is pretty much the same as my 'glam makeup', just with less eyeliner.
- staying tidy - i have good intentions to start. it doesn't last. sadly.
- asking for help/anything, really - i find it really, really hard sometimes. honestly, i feel like i'm just inconveniencing people
- going to bed at a decent time - since i was about 10 or 11? i'd stay up reading books with a torch under the covers so my mum and dad wouldn't know i was still awake... which is obviously the start of the very slippery slope that leads to multiple instances in Korea when i wouldn't get back to my flat till about 10am the next morning after a night out.
- managing burn-out - i'm kinda a 'go hard or go home' girl. go all out or don't bother. i've seen the sun rise while i've been trying to finish a project countless times... which also means i've literally crashed countless times. not healthy, wouldn't recommend.
- replying to texts - lol. soz. you'll get 33 messages in a row when i do reply though!
- making decisions about where to eat - not just crap at it, i actually actively avoid doing this.
- picking up on flirty cue's - i am ... so very, very oblivious. there are stories about just how oblivious. most are quite amusing. ish
- choosing the easy way to do things - because who wants ease and simplicity? not me, that's for sure (apparently)
- painting nails - WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT. I LEGITIMATELY DO NOT UNDERSTAND I JUST REALLY CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME DO IT RIGHT.
I think it's important to acknowledge the stuff we're bad at, just as much as our talents. Keeps us grounded and gives us things that we can work on. I'm trying to improve the replying to texts situation, sleeping pattern and ability to manage burn-out... because that will hopefully improve friendships and health! I'm not making any promises on the others though.
What are things that you're not ace at? And do you have any tips on how to help me be better at mine? Let me know, please!